Thursday, September 29, 2022
Thursday, June 2, 2022
Monday, April 4, 2022
Thursday, December 23, 2021
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Sunday, November 14, 2021
American Education Week
American Education Week—Nov. 15-19, 2021—presents all Americans with a wonderful opportunity to celebrate public education and honor individuals who are making a difference in ensuring that every child receives a quality education.
Activities for Families
1. Please click this link to see the best children's books for each of the Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Levels. These lists will be a helpful resource for parents looking for books for their own children to read.
Read to or with your child(ren) for 15 minutes every day.
3. To locate a book, first search Forest Road School library's Online Catalog. Choose 'Forest Road' and click the catalog tab at the top left. Once you have identified a book using title, author, or subject search, ask Mrs. Joo or Ms. Galiano about the book!
Click the following link to access the library catalog.
Forest Road School Library Catalog
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Sunday, September 19, 2021
Monday, March 8, 2021
- Who is the most influential woman you know? How does she inspire you?
- Do you think women have equal rights to men today? Why or why not?
- Why do we need a special month to honor women?
- What types of stereotypes do people have about women? Why can stereotyping be dangerous?
- List three important qualities women should have and three important qualities that men should have. Were the traits you listed different for men and women? What can you learn by examining these differences?
- Do you think men and women are naturally different from one another? Why or why not?
- What are some of the biggest challenges that women face today? How will these change in the next 20 years?
- Research a woman who was the first female to work in a traditionally male field. What kind of struggles do you think she faced?
- Why is it hard for women to gain access to jobs and communities that are traditionally male? How will others in the field perceive her?
- What are some important gains women have made throughout history?
- Which achievement made by feminists are you most thankful for? Why?
- When do you think America will have its first female president?
- Eleanor Roosevelt once said: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” How does this quote relate to feminism and the struggle for equal rights? How can you use it to inspire your own actions?
- Who is your favorite historical female figure? What do you admire about her?